Q: would getting muffler delete affect the cars computer, such as check engine lights and sensors

I want to get a muffler delete, and want to know all the possible problems it could cause, such as a check engine light or sensors.

Any change you make in the exhaust system downstream of the catalyst and Oxygen sensors should not affect the performance of the car or the control systems. Making changes in the exhaust ahead of the catalyst or oxygen sensors may cause you an assortment of problems. In either case, deleting a muffler from the exhaust could give the dealer service department an excuse not to honor any warranty. So you might be well advised to put any such work off until the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. If however you are having problems with your exhaust and don’t want to take the car to the dealer, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your exhaust system right there on the spot.

3. would getting muffler delete affect the cars computer, such as check engine lights and sensors