Q: Car starts and then turns off

I was driving, and the truck started to die as if it was losing gas. Now it starts, but coughs, and eventually turns off.

Your symptoms are very similar to a vehicle experiencing problems with air metering, or fuel delivery. A clogged fuel filter may sometimes offer enough fuel for idle, but lack the volume to maintain an operating engine. In your case, it is possible that the fuel filter is almost completely stopped up. Have a mechanic, like one of the experts here at YourMechanic, stop by for a closer look at your stalling issue.

3. Car starts and then turns off