Q: Clutch not fully engaging.

asked by on February 21, 2017

Was driving casually one day and suddenly the clutch pedal hit the floor and did nit return to its normal position. I read that it was most likely the slave cylinder so i replaced that. Now, the pressure is back in the clutch pedal but it rattles when the pedal is fully pushed and there is a very rough engagement into the gears

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When it is hard to shift, the clutch may be damaged. When the clutch pedal goes to the floor, either the slave cylinder return spring comes off, the slave cylinder breaks open a leak, or the clutch release bearing collapse and causes the clutch to not engage properly. The rattling of the clutch pedal is the clutch fork riding on the clutch finders and not the release bearing. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose and repair your clutch.