Q: Power steering quit working

My car's power steering quit working and there is a yellow exclamation light on. The air conditioner also quit working.

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $96.60 - $317.27 Get a Quote

Sounds like you might have lost your serpentine belt. On most older cars, these were several belts that ran the different engine accessories. On your car, there is only one belt, it is called a serpentine belt, that runs all the accessories. If the belt breaks or loses tension for some reason, you will unfortunately lose all your accessories like your power steering, A/C, alternator, etc. The belt has a very specific routing so that all the pulleys turn correctly. A qualified mechanic, such as one form YourMechanic, should be able to help you determine if you should replace your serpentine belt.