Q: Q: Fuel pump problem

With the code P0089 fuel pressure regulator 1 performance how do I know what fuel pump on my volkswagen is not functioning.

Code P0089 is the code for an issue withe the vehicle’s fuel pressure regulator. In this instance it appears that the code refers the fuel pressure regulator mounted in the engine bay, on the vehicle’s high pressure fuel pump. It may be possible that the fuel pressure regulator has failed and needs to be replaced, or that the pump itself is no longer providing adequate pressure, and needs to be replaced. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Eduardo YourMechanic

3. Q: Fuel pump problem