Q: Car makes thudding noise and shudders at low speed

asked by on August 15, 2016

When I'm driving at lower speeds, the car starts making some noises and it shakes. At around 20 mph, I've noticed a thudding noise. As I slowly accelerate, the car begins to shudder. What might be the cause?When I'm driving at lower speeds, the car starts making some noises and it shakes. At around 20 mph, I've noticed a thudding noise. As I slowly accelerate, the car begins to shudder. What might be the cause?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your car seems to have what is called a "limited slip" rear end which controls the amount of power coming from the drive train to ensure that the power is evenly distributed to both wheels. The limited slip clutch packs will chatter a bit when it is low on fluid or the fluid needs to be changed. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to you to have this shaking issue diagnosed and repaired properly.