Q: Speedometer stick and jumps

Speedometer started sticking. Will be stuck at 0 when you move then will jump to maybe 20 mph and will seem to be stuck there for a minute and then will jump again to maybe 30 or 35 mph. What sensors/cables should I be looking at?

A: Hello. Your Geo utilizes a speedometer cabl...

Hello. Your Geo utilizes a speedometer cable (rather than an electronic sensor and wiring) to communicate speed from the transmission to the speedometer cluster. Given your mileage, the cable lining has probably deteriorated and the cable should be replaced. If you are going to have this done, I recommend having a professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the speedometer issue and replace the cable if needed.