Q: My ignition and steering wheel got locked. After getting it unlocked, it wont start. System is saying start then an error shows.

My ignition and steering wheel wont turn or to say got locked. After getting it unlocked, it crank and then it wont start anymore. System is saying to start but after an error shows up. What should i do?

A: Hi there. If you're having problems wit...

Hi there. If you're having problems with the steering wheel and ignition cylinder being locked and the vehicle is having issues starting, the problem may be with the ignition lock cylinder. Sometimes the components inside the ignition lock cylinder can wear out over time which can cause the symptoms you're describing. If you need to have the problem scoped out further, a qualified professional from YourMechanic, can come to your car's location to diagnose the steering issue and figure out why the vehicle will not start.