Q: No crank/No start and reads No Bus on dash, PRDNL123 Illuminated. 2004 Dodge Stratus

My car drove fine one minute and then when i tried to start it up again, there was nothing. The #8 fuse was blown in the PDC under the hood so we put in a new one and it didn't help. I have replaced the starter, ignition switch, battery, and PCM, and all of the main sensors, fuses and relays tested good. I connected my test light to the Battery + terminal and tested all the ports for both the starter relay and fuel pump relay and the light did not ever illuminate. That leads me to believe that there is no current coming from the transmission range sensor or neutral safety switch. Would you agree that I should try replacing the NSS to see if that resolves this? I really am beside myself with this. Even had a mechanic come look at it and he couldn't figure it out and honestly said that he doesn't want any part in it. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hi there - first thing to check is for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. Any codes found here will help guide diagnosis. Your car, as does virtually all cars in this century, utilizes a high-speed electrical connection between the various controllers in the car (engine, transmission, light control, etc.) called a Common Area Network bus, or CAN bus for short. This electrical network is not functioning properly on your car, and this system is not communicating status information (like whether the transmission is in neutral or not) to the engine/transmission controllers. This has to be fixed first. I recommend an electrical component inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. No crank/No start and reads No Bus on dash, PRDNL123 Illuminated. 2004 Dodge Stratus