Q: abs light on brake line broke have been replace I bleed brake line but brake pad still go to the floor now wheels lock up

asked by on October 08, 2016

The wheels lock up when in drive or reverse abs light on don't no it there still air in brake line causing the abs light to stay on or it may be speed sensor or the brake booster brake paddle go to floor all new brake and new brake fluid

Hello. If the brake pedal is going to the floor then that means that it is not building pressure. If the brake system has been fully bled and there is no air in it then most of the time it is a bad master cylinder or it can be caused by a bad ABS module. If the brake fluid was low and if air got into the system then the only way to properly bleed it is with a scan tool that would allow you to open and close the valves in the ABS unit. Air gets trapped in these easily if the brake fluid gets low. This can also explain why the brakes are locking up. I would usually use my scan tool to bleed the system out first before going any further. I would also scan the brake control module to see what it is reading as a fault. If there is no air in the system and if there is no prominent code then I would replace the master cylinder first. If you want to check out why your brakes are locking up, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.