Q: My car won’t start. There is a red flashing light, car with key symbol. No noise is made when I turn key. Just had it checked

My car won’t start. There is a red flashing light, car with key symbol. No noise is made when I turn key. Just had it checked, engine good, alternator, starter and ignition were all good. My bf said he had a similar issue with key interference. I have my regular key, a backup key which actually doesn’t work, and my electric button key all in one key chain. Should I try separating my keys?

You should not have two programmed keys on the same keychain. If that does not work then you have a problem with the anti-theft system or the key programming. The system can only be programmed using the factory level scanner. You may have a defective key or a key sensor for the theft system.

3. My car won’t start. There is a red flashing light, car with key symbol. No noise is made when I turn key. Just had it checked