Q: No crank no start. Crankshaft is stuck. Could it be the crankshaft sensor? 2007 Dodge Charger

I try to turn on the car but it only clicks nothing else the lights turn on I checked the battery the alternator the starter. I tried to turn the crankshaft by hand but it didn't budge I was wondering if it could be the camshaft sensor. Thanks in advance

Hi there - if you are unable to rotate the crankshaft, that is a serious problem. Perhaps the timing chain has broken, and jammed between the crankshaft sprocket and the timing chain cover? Check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. I recommend a Check Engine inspection, and a car won’t start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the cars location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

It sounds like your engine is seized. If the timing belt or chain has broke then you may have bent the valves and the chain or belt will jam up the crankshaft from turning. The pistons will contact the calves and engine will not turn. Try and turn the engine in both directions. If it will move a little then bind again then you will need to have the timing belt and heads replaced. This is if the pistons did not get damaged. You may need to replace entire motor due to internal damage.

3. No crank no start. Crankshaft is stuck. Could it be the crankshaft sensor? 2007 Dodge Charger