i would like to know if a hybrid car can get steam clean ...

Q: i would like to know if a hybrid car can get steam clean interior?

asked by on September 20, 2017

My seat are a little dirty and I like to get the interior steam clean but I don't know if it's safe since it's a hybrid. I don't wanted to damage anything in it. Please let me know. thank you.

Hello, thank you for writing in. You should have no issues steam cleaning your seats. Your owner’s manual will have the best information on how to handle cleaning your interior based on the trim you have and what the interior is made out of. Never fully saturate the seats under any conditions. Steam cleaning tends to just barely wet the seat surface, and most of the cleaning comes from heat. You are not concerned with the battery packs or any part of the hybrid drivetrain. What you are concerned with are the electrical controls inside the seat. There are controls for positioning the seat, and often there are seat heaters and other features that run on circuits that are mounted inside the seat bottom and back. Be careful with these controls, and always follow owner’s manual recommendations.