Q: Motor has a tapping sound at idle, gets louder as you rev higher.

My engine has a knocking sound when its started, it gets a little louder as the acceleator is pressed. The car has no leaks and no engine lights on either

A: A light tapping noise from the engine may b...

A light tapping noise from the engine may be caused by a low oil level as there isn't enough oil flowing through the engine. Louder clacking and knocking noises that sound like they are coming from the lower end of the engine may be the result of a mechanical failure like a worn rob bearing. Mechanical problems often follow engine rotation and will get faster as the engine speed is increased. Consider taking your vehicle to a local repair facility and have an experienced technician diagnose the engine noises.