Q: Power steering fluid leak

asked by on February 04, 2016

My truck is leaking power steering fluid.

Power steering fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Power steering leaks are pretty common on trucks like yours. The power steering pump builds the pressure necessary to provide power assist to your gear. The high pressure fluid flows from the pump to the gear via a high pressure line. It then flows back from the gear to the pump through a return line. Your leak could be anywhere in this system. The best way to pinpoint the leak is to add dye to the system. I would recommend having a mechanic perform this inspection so that you can get your car quickly and safely back on the road.