Q: Toyota Venza 2000 idles at high RPMs

My car has high RPM, 2000 RPMs when it starts. When it gets warm, it gets normal. Toyota Venza 2000.

A: Watch my video "how to fix a car that ...

Watch my video "how to fix a car that idles poorly." A lot of times, it is that simple. You take the air duct work off that goes into the throttle, get the rubber duct off, get some spray throttle cleaner, disconnect the battery cable, spray the cleaner on the inside, and get a white cloth and wipe all the corrosion off. A lot of times, that will fix it. They get the corrosion in them and they stick after a while. If you want to have your vehicle’s high idling issue inspected, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can take a look at your vehicle and also clean your throttle body if needed.

Recommended services
Get a Quote