Q: Car has been sitting and won't start

My car has been sitting for a year and won't start. The last time I was able to start it, I had to have it jumped and towed to a shop. The last known issue was a need for a new alternator.

A: The car sitting for a year is most likely a...

The car sitting for a year is most likely a dead battery. These cars are known to have loss of memory problems and the systems have to be reset with a factory scanner. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect your vehicle’s starting system and replace the battery if needed. If the car has been sitting for a year you may also have fuel related issues from sitting too long.

Recommended services
Get a Quote