Q: My car check engine light was flashing then my car died I turned the key it would not start the I would wait a few turn the key an

About two weeks ago I was driving my car and all of a sudden my check engine light started flashing. I stopped proceeded to drive and it stopped stopped flashing and didn’t do it again. About two weeks later I was driving home and my car died on me . So I waited a few and turn the key and my car came on drove for about a minute and it cut off again. I then repeated the procedure until I could pull over somewhere safe.

Generally, the check engine light comes on when something fairly serious is going on with the vehicle. This can happen for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or spark plug wires and many other reasons. Due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best and most efficient way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. This will allow a mechanic to determine more specifically what to look for in diagnosing your vehicle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.