Q: I'm trying to replace my right mirror on my 1999 Pontiac firebird but I can't take off the door panel

asked by on March 29, 2017

I'm trying to replace my right side mirror but I can take the door panel off

Removing the door panel requires a set of broad flat bladed clip tools (screw drivers are too narrow and will crack the plastic). In the Factory Service Manual, there is an illustration showing where all the clips are located so you are not working blindly. There are a couple screws holding the arm rest/power window assembly, too, that must be removed. I suggest you request door mirror replacement and let an experienced certified mechanic who has done lots of these get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.