Your car is equipped with folding rear seats. This provides a great deal more room for carrying larger items or lots of cargo, at the cost of eliminating seating in the back. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure there are no items in the rear floorboards.
- Pull the head restraints out and store them safely (they fit under the front seats).
- Pull the release strap located near the floorboard at the corner on the back seat.
- Flip the seat bottom toward the front of the car.
- Snap the seat belt to the wall using the snaps.
- Pull the seatback release lever toward the front of the car.
- Lower the seatback so it’s flat.
- Rotate the seat back and position it on the floor.
To raise the seats again, just reverse these steps.
- When raising your back seats again, make sure to reinstall the head restraints.
- Make sure to unsnap the seat belt from the wall for passenger use.