Q: How do you fold down the rear seats in a 2012 Ford Escape?

How do you fold down the rear seats?

Your car is equipped with folding rear seats. This provides a great deal more room for carrying larger items or lots of cargo, at the cost of eliminating seating in the back. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Make sure there are no items in the rear floorboards.
  2. Pull the head restraints out and store them safely (they fit under the front seats).
  3. Pull the release strap located near the floorboard at the corner on the back seat.
  4. Flip the seat bottom toward the front of the car.
  5. Snap the seat belt to the wall using the snaps.
  6. Pull the seatback release lever toward the front of the car.
  7. Lower the seatback so it’s flat.
  8. Rotate the seat back and position it on the floor.

To raise the seats again, just reverse these steps.

Tips

• When raising your back seats again, make sure to reinstall the head restraints.
  • Make sure to unsnap the seat belt from the wall for passenger use.
  3. How do you fold down the rear seats in a 2012 Ford Escape?