Q: Power steering and power brake stop working

Power steering and power brake stop working, I do not see fluid circulating in the power steering fluid tank.

Both the power steering and power brake assist are powered by your power steering pump.

I would start by inspecting the level and condition of your power steering fluid. It is located about mid-way down the driver side front of the engine The dipstick will have a cold and hot fill range. The fluid level should be within those two marks.

If the fluid is low, then you have a leak somewhere. The complete system is comprised of: power steering pump, four hydraulic lines (give or take), power steering gear box, and the hydraboost / brake assist. Any of the above could be leaking. Sometimes your engine compartment will need to be washed to pinpoint the leak.

If the fluid level is correct, then you do not have any power steering leaks. I would then suspect that you have a bad power steering pump. If you need help with this, I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to come inspect your brakes and steering to determine what needs repair.