Q: Motor smoking and water pump pulley spits out liquid.

Hey Patrick. I have a 2005 jeep liberty 3.7L and my motor is smoking and also leaks the water that I put in it. I tried to see where it leaks and found out that it is somewhere near the motor. When I turn my car on the water pump pulley spit out liquid. Now The water pump pulley is loose and wobbly and my timing belt is off. Could this be the reason for my motor smoking and if I buy a new water pump and replace it will it solve the issue?

This suggests that your water pump may be leaking around the shaft where the pump bolts to the pulley. This is a common place for many water pumps to leak. There is a seal inside this shaft that will often times fail for various reasons. When this happens, this will cause the pump to leak causing the water to be burnt from the hot motor causing a steam or smoking effect as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to replace your water pump.

3. Motor smoking and water pump pulley spits out liquid.