Q: Possible short in electrical

asked by on February 02, 2016

The battery is putting out 12.3 volts after oil got sprayed over the engine. When driving the car home, I turned off the car. I tried to start it back up and it won't start. The dash lights do not work, but all of the fuses look fine. It could possibly be a short somewhere or something to do with the security system. I tried jumping it off and it still doesn't start.

Hi. It sounds to me like the oil that was sprayed into the engine bay has reached your fuse/relay box and shorted some things out. I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check your electrical system to make sure that your problem is taken care of.