Q: gas coming out of throttle body

asked by on July 18, 2017

2004 Ford Freestar se with 3.9l engine it before it broke down engine light blinking then would not crank, had to tow it. hooked the obd 2 scanner up & showed fuel pressure sensor & egr valve was bad. cylinders 1-6 were misfiring. top intake and lower intake manifold were full of gas causing gas to be in oil also. took upper & lower intake, fuel rail out, replaced fuel rail pressure sensor, spark plugs & wires, egr valve, gaskets &seals, runner control switch, bushings, and reattached rods, changed oil & filter, put everything back together & connected electrical components, vaccum lines & hoses correctly. fully charged battery. runner control switch is working, cranked car, started blowing thick white & grey smoke from exhaust, some gas come out at first but then nothing. engine idled very rough & jumping. let idle for 30 minutes, pressed gas, engine cut off and would not recrank. when checking engine, gas coming out of throttle body. upper/lower intake flooded with gas again.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This is going to probably sound like an obvious reply, but without knowing exactly where on the throttle body the leak is coming from, it’s hard to tell you what might be the source and what repairs are needed. It’s possible that a fuel line was not correctly installed, or may have split or is stripped. It’s also possible that an internal gasket or o-ring is faulty on the throttle body - even a problem with the fuel pressure regulator in some cases. The only advice we can really offer here is to have a second set of eyes come to your location to complete a fuel leak inspection to help you determine where the leak is coming from and what repairs are needed to resolve the problem.