Q: Thumping and shaking noises - 2013 Jaguar XK

I have some problems with the car that mostly occur when the engine is still cold, but also during driving outside at lower temperatures. It's a thumping noise that lasts shortly, accompanied with the shaking of the car. I can feel the shaking in the steering wheel. What could be the problem?

If you are feeling this "shaking" through the steering wheel as well as "seat of the pants", it is likely your tires. While siting overnight, especially in cold weather, they develop a short-term "flat spot" where the tire rests on the ground. Driving a bit warms the tire up, allowing it to "relax" and be round again. Vibration and shaking should go away. If not, have your tires checked at a reputable tire dealer you trust.