Q: Front CV drive shaft

how can you tell if your replacement cv drive shaft is put in straight and right

Hello. The most important sign is when you drive there isn’t any vibration. If the source of your question is due to a vibration and you suspect the drive shaft, the best way to check it is to put the truck on a car rack supported by the front lower control arms and rear end. If you lift it by the frame, the suspension will bind and change the angles which can cause other problems.

With the weight of the vehicle supported by the suspension, start the truck, put it in gear and run the drive train into at least second gear. Be warned that this is potentially very dangerous, so take every precaution to make sure the vehicle is stable. Use a friend to observe the drive axles. If they are not straight, it will be very obvious. A little play is normal, a vibration will show lots of lateral movement from the axle.

If your experiencing driveability issues and require more assistance with this, I recommend having a professional inspect your suspension and advise you on any corrections that may need to be done.