Q: My key won't go inside the ignition

My key won't go inside my ignition, I don't want to force it in there and i don't know if its alignment is messed up

Hello there. What you’re describing is typically an indicator of a broken ignition lock cylinder. The ignition lock cylinder is located inside the assembly or lock body that is often welded onto the steering column. Most of the time, when a problem occurs within the ignition system, it will be caused by a fault within the ignition lock cylinder. Inside the lock cylinder are a series of tumblers where the key is inserted. There is an electrical attachment and a series of wires that run from the cylinder base to a series of relay switches that supplies power to multiple components. Some of the common symptoms of a damaged or broken ignition lock cylinder include the vehicle not starting or power not supplied to the vehicle when the ignition is turned.