Q: My key won't go inside the ignition

My key won't go inside my ignition, I don't want to force it in there and i don't know if its alignment is messed up

Hello there. What you’re describing is typically an indicator of a broken ignition lock cylinder. The ignition lock cylinder is located inside the assembly or lock body that is often welded onto the steering column. Most of the time, when a problem occurs within the ignition system, it will be caused by a fault within the ignition lock cylinder. Inside the lock cylinder are a series of tumblers where the key is inserted. There is an electrical attachment and a series of wires that run from the cylinder base to a series of relay switches that supplies power to multiple components. Some of the common symptoms of a damaged or broken ignition lock cylinder include the vehicle not starting or power not supplied to the vehicle when the ignition is turned.

3. My key won't go inside the ignition