Q: Tie rods

Is there any difference in tie rods between 2wd and 4 wd and also between dana 44 and dana 50 ttb i have the dana 50 ttb

A: The tie rods used on the rear wheel drive v...

The tie rods used on the rear wheel drive version versus the four wheel drive version of the truck are completely different. Insofar as the axle, the cataloging shows a difference in tie rod, depending on whether the axle is rated above or below 4,200 pounds (possibly the break point for dana 44 versus 50), but for rear wheel drive versions only. If you have not changed the axle from the original, due to the large number of different tie rod designs, the weight rating distinction, and the 2WD versus 4WD distinction, your best bet in terms of getting the correct part is to input your VIN number in any of the online Ford OEM parts databases and obtain the exact matching part number that way. Then, if you desire to use aftermarket, you can cross reference the Ford OEM number to get the correct aftermarket part. If you desire that a certified Mechanic obtain the parts in this manner through YourMechanic, and install the tie rods, please set up a mobile appointment and the Mechanic will take care of it.