Q: hi i have a 1997 honda accord and when you push down on the clutch it makes a grinding sound and i cant put it into first without

asked by on December 29, 2016

on my honda when you start the car and push down on the clutch it start making a grining sound but when the car is off it gose into gear perfectly

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

From your description, I would say that your clutch is due for a replacement. If there was a mechanical issue inside the transmission, the shifter would be hard to move even with the engine off. Since the clutch assembly is the connection between the engine and transmission, the running engine makes it difficult to engage gears. The clutch makes it easy. But, when the shifter will not move with the engine running, that’s a good indication that the clutch is not fully disengaging the engine and transmission from each other. Have one of our certified technicians or a local repair shop look into why the shifter will not move to give you an exact cause.