Q: My 2001 Lincoln Continental misfires while idling.

So it did sit for almost a year while I saved money to get the air ride converted. Now I have driven it for a week with fresh gas, heet and new oil. Although I haven't gotten an actual oil change it does need one. Somehow I don't think that's the issue. The serpentine belt has been squealing a bit and I noticed it only misfires while in drive and reverse but does well in neutral and park. When I first brought it home from shop I let it run for about 45 min. by the time I was done there was quite a bit water on the ground from both exhaust pipes. Any ideas?

You may have an engine vacuum leak causing the engine to have a rough idle. The most common cause may be the PCV hose leaking at the connection of the hose where it connects to the back of the intake manifold. The hose connection will get a small hole in the rubber and get bigger as the engine warms. The hole may start small and will get bigger and cause a rougher idle as it gets worse. The hose and PCV valve come as an assembly and should be replaced it found to be leaking. Since the car has been sitting the fuel injection may also need to be cleaned to smooth the idle out if the PCV hose is not leaking vacuum.

3. My 2001 Lincoln Continental misfires while idling.