Q: can find my key so I tried to start car with my spare and it wont start. Everything in the green all systems work.

I cannot find the car key to my f150 truck that I normally use. I found my spare which unlocks the doors and works in the ignition but the car wont turn over. There is ample battery and all systems go but will not start. Tried in neutral still wont turn over. Never had a single problem with this car and it is in perfect condition. battery indicator is where it should be and everything functions but it will not engage starter motor.

Hello, we will be happy to help you out. If you are sure that that spare key has worked in the ignition before then it should work now. Though some keys will lose programming if they sit for long periods of time. You may have to have the key reprogrammed by a capable locksmith or a Ford dealership. There’s a possibility that you have an issue with your starter or starter fuse/relay. A technician such as those we supply here will be able to test your starting system to help find the cause of your no-start condition. If the starter turns out to be fine then we will have to investigate other possible causes such as a security lockout from the spare key not communicating or an ignition switch problem. My opinion is that it’s most likely a dead starter or the spare key is unable to communicate with the ignition system to bypass the security lock out.

• can find my key so I tried to start car with my spare and it wont start. Everything in the green all systems work.