Q: overheating, blowing white smoke and wont stay running !!!

01 ford Taurus on my way to work this morning it started over heating and the check engine light started blinking . it started to blow white smoke out the tailpipe. so i pulled over checked the coolant reservoir, and it was empty. Which is odd seeing that i just filled it like less than a week ago. And so i filled it up and it started jumping and stalling. I am so lost when it comes to cars wish i knew more please help!!! Now it wont stay running unless my foot is in the gas pedal!!!

The Check Engine Light was blinking due to one or more cylinders are misfiring from coolant leaking into the cylinders. You most likely blew a head gasket. Overheating the engine may have warped the cylinder heads. The cause of the overheating started when you started to add coolant to the reservoir - which may have caused some spillage. Have the engine cylinder heads removed and checked and gaskets replaced. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose your overheating issue firsthand and guide you on how to proceed.