Q: Parking light & headlight positions don't work

I have purchased a used car and all the systems are working well, except for the two front orange running lights. They aren’t working on the parking lights or the headlight positions. They do work as turning signals. Can you tell me how I can fix this problem. Thanks.

A: There is a 15A fuse for the front parking l...

There is a 15A fuse for the front parking light function in the fuse box under the dash. The turn signals are on a separate circuit so this is why they might still be operational when the parking lights are not. Check the fuse to ensure it is not blown. If the fuse and bulbs okay, then wiring from the taillight relay to the front parking light is faulty and will have to be traced. At this point you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to diagnose and correct the parking light issue.