Q: No light on a gear shift

When I'm driving the car during the night, I've noticed that there is no light on the gear shift. I bought this car used so I'm not sure if this supposed to be like that or if maybe something went out, like some bulb or a fuse. Any ideas?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 201...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2013 Chevrolet Spark. Yes, there should be some form of illumination there. It is more than likely a bulb issue. It should be a pretty straight forward fix which a technician, or possibly yourself if you are comfortable with these types of replacements. If you would like the help of a technician, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car to diagnose and repair the electrical issue.