Q: Trunk not closing

My truck won't close while I am operating the convertible top.

A: Hello. First, please keep in mind that the ...

Hello. First, please keep in mind that the trunk cannot be locked until the convertible top is completely up or down. This prevents any components from binding and becoming stuck or broken. Have a mechanic, such as our YourMechanic experts, inspect your vehicle's trunk components for your safety. Next, the locking mechanism for the trunk should be checked and lubricated if needed. The locking mechanism for the trunk can also become stuck in the open position in some instances.