Q: Air bag now says "off" pass seatbelt light beeps with nobody in the seat. What can that be?

A recall airbag was fixed 3 weeks ago. Now my passenger seat belt light keeps beeping with nobody in the seat & my air bag light now says "off" when it always said "on" before. I turned the car off, then the seat belt light went away but the air bag light hasn't changed What could this be?

This is likely related to the sensor in the seat that measures the weight put on the seat to know when to enact or arm the airbag. The airbag system uses a sensor in the seat to know when there is sufficient weight in the seat to warrant turning on the airbag function. When this is not working properly, the airbag light may come on and off intermittently as you describe. I would suggest taking the vehicle back to the dealership as it is likely they may have missed resetting this when putting it back together.

3. Air bag now says "off" pass seatbelt light beeps with nobody in the seat. What can that be?