Q: Problem with emission control code P0440 Check Engine Light. Is that a major problem and how do you fix?

is this a major fix where is the value located to fix?

A: Hi there, A P0440 code is stored for an e...

Hi there,

A P0440 code is stored for an emission related fault; evaporative emission control malfunction. The evaporative emission system is responsible for preventing the release of fuel vapor into the atmosphere. When there is a fault in the system, it sets a corresponding code. This code could be the result of a mechanical or electrical malfunction. Electrical being a fuse, wiring, vapor sensor, or switching valve fault. Mechanical being a switching valve, mechanical valve, or a simple gas cap fault. This will not affect the vehicle’s performance, but needs to be addressed especially if you live in an area that performs emission inspections. Your mechanic has several available technicians to assist you with a Check Engine Light inspection and provide you with a detailed estimate and direction of repair.