Q: How to safely lift my vehicle

Car is due fro first oil change. Went to jack up front with my floorjack (like other cars I have), but I see no front crossmember to put the jack pad on. How do I jack this car?

Hello. The jacking points on your vehicle should be marked by a triangle on the side of the pinch weld pointing down. You place the jack right underneath the pinch weld to lift up the vehicle. The lifting points should also be found in your owner’s manual. For this particular vehicle I would suggest using drive on ramps which can be purchased at a store like AutoZone or Harbor Freight to lift vehicle up, then change the oil. Please take EXTREME caution when driving up the ramp because you don’t want to accelerate too fast and do an Evel Knievel. Good luck!

Here is an Article from us describing lifting a vehicle more throroughly https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-properly-use-a-floor-jack-and-jack-stands-by-brent-minderler

3. How to safely lift my vehicle