Q: Land Rover Discovery 2 leaks engine oil

I have 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I love but it leaks engine oil all the time. I use Lucas seal manual, but when the 15-50 gets hot, quart leaks out of it. Is it time for rebuild?

A: Yes, on a Land Rover, that’s the only way t...

Yes, on a Land Rover, that’s the only way to fix it. They just wear out over time. You don’t have to bite the bullet or get another vehicle. Perhaps, find a good used engine from the salvage yard that has got a low mileage. If you want to have the vehicle inspected in person, a technician from YourMechanic can detect the leak and let you know what repairs may be possible.