Q: When it rains hard right rear window goes down and sends car into limp mode. The trunk also leaks.

asked by on March 03, 2017

dont know where computers are located so pinpointing possible causes are difficult.also does the same thing after going thru car wash.had towed in and the mechanic said there were 27 different codes.PERPLEXED

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are small bus computers in your vehicle that control multiple items throughout the car. There is a bus controller in each door on the car. It is possible that the door that is leaking water inside it is causing the bus controller to short out and make the ECM act up causing the vehicle to go into limp mode as there is a major short in the car. The door seal and the trunk seal needs to be replaced to eliminate the rain water from entering the vehicle. If you need further assistance with the electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.