Q: Fan only works on highest speed. 2008 Volkswagen Passat

asked by on August 29, 2016

The fan on my passat only works on the highest speed. It is a manual system. Speeds 1-3 do not work. I replaced the blower motor resistor and the fan still only blows on high. What other components could be invlolved? Are there any fuses related to the blower motor? If so which fuse box and which position? If fuses aren't the issue...could the connector be bad? I've also seen this part described as a blower motor harness/pigtail. Its the piece with the 4 colored wires. Lastly, could the actual console be broken? By console I mean, the part with the dials and buttons. Have I missed any other components? Please help!

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2008 Volkswagen Passat. If the blower motor resistor and connector are good, then the only other thing that can cause the problem is the blower control switch or connector. Check the resistor to make sure you have good connections and that the resistor is not blown again. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the cooling system and have this corrected.