Q: My truck cranks but it won't start - 1994 Chevrolet C2500

A few weeks ago go i had no start or spark or fuel,I got a new disubtor and starter,now I have spark and fuel and it cranks but no start

A: Hi. A couple of things to check: When the e...

Hi. A couple of things to check: When the engine is at top dead center, does the rotor under the distributor cap point to the number 1 cylinder? It is very important that the engine is at top dead center on the number one cylinder before you install the distributor. It's possible that the distributor is 180 degrees off. Also, check the spark plug wires and the firing order.

On a Chevy, the cylinders on the drivers side are 1-3-5-7 with 1 being closest to the radiator. The passenger side is 2-4-6-8. Now, looking at the distributor cap, the number one cylinder spark plug wire goes to the port that is at 11 o'clock. Then, rotating in a clockwise direction, the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is not starting and suggest any needed repairs.