Q: Hood won't open in 2005 Ford Taurus

asked by on February 25, 2016

I'm having trouble starting the car, and I can't get the hood to open.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

More than likely, the hood release cable is stretched. When this happens, there isn’t enough tension on the cable to pull the hood hatch when the release lever is pulled. The hood latch can usually be accessed from below the vehicle and opened with a pair of pliers. Then the release cable can be properly serviced or replaced. Once the hood is open, a trained technician will be able to diagnose your hard starting condition. I suggest you give the professionals at YourMechanic a call, since we make house visits.