Q: It has been a warmer February day, but high only hit 68, so what could cause a water leak under the car?

I went out to my car after being parked at a friend's house for a couple of hours. There was a water stain in the driveway, not puddling, but definitely there. I drove home and looked underneath. I didn't see anything leaking. No lights, or issues on the inside with the temperature gauge. I didn't have the air on. I let the car sit in my driveway and went back out in an hour and I have a water stain, starting to puddle, and I can see a drip of water come down about every 3-4 seconds. The drip is towards the front, closer to the passenger side. What could the cause be and do I need to get it into my mechanic right away?

Hi there. The leak seems to be coming from the windshield washer reservoir. Look under the vehicle with a flashlight and on the washer reservoir tank and see if there is water droplets coming off of it. If so, then the reservoir may have a crack in it and it would need replaced. If you need further assistance with a water leak under your car, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. It has been a warmer February day, but high only hit 68, so what could cause a water leak under the car?