Q: Problem Code:P1138 for a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE, how do I fix this?

My check engine light came on, and I keep getting the problem code P1138 which states that I need to replace my swirl control valve. Every Nissan Dealership that I have called said I do not have this particular part on my car, and I have been unable to find it online. I need to know exactly what is wrong with my car, and what I need to fix or replace without spending $130+.

Hi There, The swirl control valve is actually a part that helps to control the vaporization of the fuel inside the intake passages as it is passed through to the combustion chamber during low idle or cooler operating temperatures. As you may know, when the engine is at idle or when it is running at a cooler operating temperature, the air fuel mixture does not vaporize quite as quickly or efficiently as it does when the engine is warm or at higher speeds an generating more velocity. This valve closes during lower idle speeds and cooler temperatures to help increase this velocity effect, resulting in a more efficiently burned air/fuel charge. When this valve is not working as it is designed to, you may notice the engine running a bit rough or causing the check engine light to come on as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect and replace this valve.

3. Problem Code:P1138 for a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE, how do I fix this?