Q: My Car will not crank regularly.

asked by on December 19, 2016

When I go to crank my car it will not crank every time immediately. I have to insert and remove the key a different amount of times in order for my car to crank. At times it acts as if it is going to crank (hears the engine) and then it shuts off in the matter of seconds. Once the car is crunk my car will drive with low power and gear shifting is not as smooth as it was before. While I was driving and I when I came to a stop (two different incidents 3 weeks apart) my car stalled out.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2011 Audi A4 to have issues starting. If you have to inset the key a number of times your vehicle may have an ignition issue, the most common are worn keys, ignition switch, or a key cylinder. Other possible issues are the battery, fuel pump, starter, battery cable, MAF sensor, or a wiring harness issue. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car hard to start issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.