Q: Intermittent failure to start.

About every 4-8 weeks car fails to start. When I turn the key, there is no noise, no grind, no whir, no nothing. Then in about 15 or so minutes it starts OK & starts fine for another 4-8 weeks. We've changed the starter & the ignition lock cylinder. Friends have suggested that there is a problem in settings or a faulty fuse or a faulty relay. But no one can explain the intermittent nature of this problem. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Steve Laiken 702-485-1350 -- stevmar@msn.com

Check the starting of the vehicle in park and in neutral. If the vehicle starts all the time in neutral, then the neutral safety switch needs replaced. If the engine does not start every time on whether the transmission is in park or neutral, then the ignition relay is faulty and needs replaced. If nothing seems to work when replaced, then you will have to diagnose all conditions to make the engine start and run. If you need further assistance with your engine starting Intermittently, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Intermittent failure to start.