Q: I poured about three capfulls of engine oil in the coolant resevoir. What will most likely happen?

I WAS IN A HURRY AND ACCIDENTLY POURED ENGINE OIL INTO MY COOLANT RESEVOIR. WHAT CAN MOST LIKELY HAPPEN?

Hi There, Although, it is not likely that this will do any immediate harm to your engine, oil in the coolant is never a good thing. I would suggest having one of our experts here at YourMechanic come to your location to have your cooling system flushed as soon as possible. It is important that your system have the proper amount of coolant circulating through the motor to keep it cool as it is designed to.

3. I poured about three capfulls of engine oil in the coolant resevoir. What will most likely happen?