Q: Q: Key won't turn

The key would not turn in ignition switch, and the stress of trying to turn it broke the key (not in it). I think it's the tumblers in the switch.

Hi there. If the key isn’t able to turn, try turning the wheel back and forth a few times while turning the key to unlock everything. Modern cars tend to have a locking system that will lock the steering wheel and ignition cylinder if you try to turn the wheel with no key in the ignition. If you use the steering wheel to help you get out of the car, you can put excess pressure on the system which will cause it wear out prematurely. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to diagnose the key issue and ensure everything is working properly.

3. Q: Key won't turn