Q: Car overheats after replacing radiator

I changed the radiator, but the car still overheats.

While there could be a few different causes that could lead to a vehicle overheating after a repair, it sounds like your Acura TL may have had an issue where air was left in the cooling system after the radiator replacement. This is the most common reason why I see overheating after a radiator replacement. The first thing you will want to do is verify that all the air has been removed from the cooling system from the Acura’s radiator repair.

If there is no air in the system and the vehicle is still overheating, it is possible that your car may have problems with the water pump or with the thermostat. Both of these problems could have existed before the TL’s repair, however without more information, it would be difficult to diagnosis your car’s overheating problem. Overheating is a serious problem and can damage your engine so this is a matter I would looked into as soon as possible.